Transition to College Life

Hey everyone! 
I've been truly honored by all the interest I've gotten in the last few weeks from potential clients, but sadly I am not currently working. I have taken a break to attend the University of Texas at Austin. While I am super excited about my freshman year I greatly miss all my dogs. (If anyone would like to have a bring your dog to campus day I will gladly play babysitter while you work!). For all of you that have asked for referrals I always endorse Taurus Dog Training and Doggy Play Day http://www.taurusdogtraining.com/. Quoted from a response I recently made to a client -    
"A day at taurus can really tire most dogs out for the week and it is great for socialization with other dogs. The people that work there are amazing and I have sent my own dog there for boarding for the past 16 years. Many of my client's more energetic dogs go there when I am not around. The employees all really care - I can catch up with the owners of Taurus and they will always know whose dog's are doing what. Just the same employees who I have never met will stop me on the street to greet and play with a dog I'm walking and always know the dogs name and owners even though the dog is out of context walking with me in my own neighborhood". 
As to my plans I am currently pursuing a psychology B.A. and a dual major in Spanish Studies (a general Spanish language bachelors). I am hoping to add a business certificate from the McCombs school of business. I was lucky enough to come into college with almost 40 credit hours I am already enjoying many upper division classes and have ample time in my 4 years to complete multiple majors or explore more minors. As always I am hoping to use my new knowledge to open a training, boarding, shelter, or service business for dogs. I am hoping to return to volunteering at the local shelters and to find an internship, job, or research position with dogs soon. 
Wish me luck! Elissa

No comments:

Post a Comment